Conversation LAB – Senior Community Manager Vacancy in Cape Town Jan 2018
Career employment Senior Community Manager S.Africa 2018
Jan 2018 Current jobs Community Manager in Cape Town
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
Conversation LAB is an award-winning, digitally focused agency, whose portfolio covers global and local brands from FMCG to B2B across South Africa and the UK.
We have offices in JHB, CT, London and Durban where we employ 70 people. We work on some of SA’s best brands from aQuelle, Markham, Dunlop, Varsity College, Fabiani and Environ Skin Care to Kinky, Renew Hair, Inecto and Darling!
#cLAB is looking for a dynamic senior community manager based in our Cape Town office working on our key accounts. You will report into the social media manager and CD in DBN and work hand in hand with the search and account management teams in CT.
- Manage a range of social media platforms – engaging in conversations with consumers and influencers
- You need to be able to spot angles and ideas from everyday activities – see things and opportunities that others don’t and turn them into a piece of branded content
- Staying on top of latest social media channel changes to ensure that the brand is the first to utilise new innovations and techniques on social platforms
- Write daily conversational, current news topics for Twitter based on tonality guidelines and social media policy
- Our community managers are engaging in conversation all day every day – this is not about banked content that one posts and then walks away. We are looking for stories and looking for topics to chat to the online community about ensuring our brand messages stay relevant
- Respond to queries and comments during office hours (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday) and when required, in the evenings and weekends (from time to time)
- You will often go out into the field, interviewing people and creating on the fly content, film and audio (in these instances you will have an agency team with you either videographer or photographer, etc.)
- Live tweeting events and live streaming will form part of the role – supported by a creative team and other agency staff
- You need to be ideas led and keep throwing stuff into the pot – you will work closely with the creative department, writers and designers
- Report on performance and numbers monthly, in tandem with the strategist and account teams
- You will work with our in-house media team to ensure best strategy is adopted for client objectives
- You will have a passion for personal care and beauty and the fashion industry – someone who is on point and plugged into latest trends
- You will be a key player in the team and the driving force behind the social media approach for the clients you work on
Fastest growing independent digital agency with offices in four cities – London, DBN, JHB and CT.
We are looking for a person who is plugged in and passionate about the world around them – everything from fashion to music to retail to advertising. You need to become an expert of the brands you work on, immerse yourself in every detail and know more than the client (in a nice way).
We want someone who is willing to scrap, roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and make things happen – if you are work shy or watch the clock, then you’ll be in the wrong place. But don’t get us wrong our staff have an excellent work life balance and a great agency culture and vibe.
- Three years’ experience as a community manager (ideally in a blue chip agency environment)
- Ability to work in a team – but importantly able to hit deadlines and work to goals unsupervised.
Due to the volumes of applications received we will only be able to contact candidates that have met the recruitment criteria. If you have not heard from the #cLAB team within two weeks of application please note that for this role you were not shortlisted.