Lowveld Media – Journalist Vacancy in Mbombela, Nelspruit Jan 2018
2018 careers at Lowveld Media
Jan 2018 Journalist recruitment – S.Africa
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Lowveld Media, a dynamic, award-winning media house in Mbombela, Mpumalanga is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate full-time journalist.
The journalist will source and gather accurate information and cover a variety of exciting and relevant articles related to a community newspaper in both English and Afrikaans.
- A recognised journalism degree or diploma
- Experience in a community newspaper and newsroom environment
- Ability to write well-constructed and accurate articles, which reflect both sides of a story
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to anticipate problems and formulate solutions
- Must have good interviewing skills and an excellent command in English and Afrikaans
- Photographic skills
- Must be computer literate with multimedia and online media skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have a valid drivers’ licence and own vehicle.
- Accountable and responsible
- Detail-orientated and focussed
- Deadline driven
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
Closing date: January 26, 2018