Sea Monster : Creative Lead Vacancy in Cape Town, Gardens Jan 2018
2018 Creative Lead employment – S.Africa
2018 S.Africa Jobs at Sea Monster
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens|
Come work at Sea Monster and help us change the world!
At Sea Monster we are passionate about using animation and games to make the world a better place. We work together with big corporate clients to create financial education platforms, serious games for change, educational augmented reality apps, and virtual reality training experiences, as just a few examples of projects we are currently involved in or have delivered in the past year.
We’re looking for someone with a similar passion for education and training (as well as creating beautiful experiences) to head up our animation team.
Key duties will include:
- Animation director for all animation in the studio, be it for animated explainers, mobile games, augmented reality or virtual reality experiences
- Working with the various project managers to help plan and co-ordinate the animation team’s schedule and daily tasks
- Working closely with the experience designers to devise the best way to deliver the learning outcomes for each project in an effective, entertaining and visually beautiful way.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and growing business at the leading edge of how storytelling and technology combine to drive business and social outcomes. You will learn from the very best and brightest in their respective fields and you will be given the freedom and support you need.
Please email your CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com.
Skills and experience preferred:
- strong understanding of and experience with animation principles and techniques. The 2D software programs we animate in are ToonBoom Harmony (mostly), Adobe After Effects, and Unity 3D (for mobile games), and to a lesser extent, 3D tools such as Blender and Maya.
- The ability to create animation storyboards would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- People management and leadership skills