Eskom regards the awarding of bursaries to external applicants as a major contribution towards broadening the national skills pool.
Eskom believes that this initiative will lead to empowered communities, an improved lifestyle, and a competent workforce.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. University bursary holder
Prerequisites: Matriculation exemption (or equivalent) and written proof of acceptance for admission by university and faculty
Technical disciplines Exemption with Mathematics 60% /5; Physical Science 60% / 5 & English 50% / 4
For non-technical disciplines average 60% / 5
2. University of technology bursary holder (This bursary is granted only for a maximum of a three year period including P1 and P2 (National Diploma)
Prerequisites: Senior Certificate (or equivalent) and written proof of acceptance for admission by the universities of technology and the department
For technical disciplines Senior Certificate with: Mathematics Core Maths 50%/4 & Physical Science Core Science 50%/4
For non-technical disciplines : Average 50%/4
3. FET bursary holder a learner awarded a bursary under the FET Bursary Scheme to qualify as an artisan
Individuals legible to apply must meet the following requirements:-
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid ID number
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Written proof of acceptance for admission by higher education institution
- Applicants must be for full time studies at an accredited South African institution
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an interview and medical examination or health declaration