Business Arts South Africa – Head Marketing/Operations Vacancy in Johannesburg April 2018
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Business Arts South Africa|
Purpose: to manage the BASA brand and voice, communicating BASA’s strategic purpose.
Lead the development and implementation of an innovative, flexible and agile marketing and communications strategy that makes excellent use of resources, connections and partnerships available.
The role will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deepen and broaden the engagement.
Key elements of this role:
- Prepare and implement medium and short-term business plans for the marketing function that support the strategic plan of the organisation, developing a multi-channel marketing strategy ensuring consistency of brand across all channels
- Manage the positioning of the BASA brand
- Oversee Awards and all other productions with marketing coordinator, ensuring that engagement with service providers, and stakeholders, sponsors are supported, and timelines are held
- Provide support to the chief executive for all fundraising collateral and project development
- Compile articles for publishing
- Manage the BASA brand across all online and digital platforms, including but not limited to BASA’s website, social media accounts, digital screens, video and e-news content
Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) is an internationally recognised South African development agency with a suite of integrated programmes implemented nationally and internationally. BASA encourages mutually beneficial partnerships between business and the arts, securing the future development of the arts sector in South Africa and contributing to corporate success through Shared Value. Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) was founded in 1997 as a joint initiative of the Department of Arts and Culture and the business sector as a public/private partnership.
Do you fit the profile?
Education and professional development
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a marketing role
- Essential to have a deep understanding and knowledge of the creative arts sector
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of Internet technologies relevant to online advertising, podcasting, digital content creation and e-commerce.
- Excellent analytical, creative, and organizational skills to develop new initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills; strong command of grammar, spelling and style.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Project management skills including reporting, budget management and analytical review.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently, with little notice, and as necessary
- Ability to think strategically and act quickly on new opportunities
- Ability to work within tight deadlines to produce quick turnarounds
- Experience and skills in Adobe Creative Cloud software (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Acrobat and Illustrator) desirable but not required.
- Ability to engage in advocacy
- Must be able to attend arts sector events in the evenings
- Own transport
Salary on offer: Market-related
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
To apply contact: Nenette van der Linde-Barker, HR Partner at BASA,
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully and ensure your application includes all of the details we need.