Independent Media – Designer Vacancy in Cape Town May 2018
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD, Cape Town|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Be part of South Africa’s finest décor magazine brand. Condé Nast House&Garden magazine has an exciting opportunity for a designer to work with the Creative Director, assisting with layouts, visuals and preparing pages for print. Join this dynamic team, work on the brand’s three respected titles, and be exposed to a world of high-end design, luxury and lifestyle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Managing and meeting deadlines according to production schedules.
- Liaising with the Creative Director to ensure that layouts are appropriate for content, and reflect brand values as per local and international expectations.
- Overseeing marketing material, classified adverts pages and mock-ups for Condé Nast House&Garden.
- Coordinating with the Creative Director on visuals for both print and online platforms.
- Ensuring accuracy and quality standards on print and design.
- Assisting with communications with, and bookings of, external photographers, illustrators and content agencies.
- Organising and preparing digital files, retouching mark-ups and instructions for the repro house and printer.
- Contributing to all planning processes including budgeting, scheduling and internal policy making.
- Attending and contributing to departmental and project meetings.
- Training and assisting other staff members as and when required.
- Maintaining and enhancing technical knowledge.
- Representing the brand externally where necessary.
- 3 years working experience on magazines.
- Minimum of 1 year management experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification-degree or recognised diploma will be advantageous.
- Strong awareness of decor and lifestyle trends.
- Submission of high-quality design test.
- Excellent design ability, with an eye for attention to detail.
- Excellent overall computer aptitude and excellence in both print and online design programmes.
- Excellent creative, visual and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills