Marriott Jobs in South Africa : Canteen Attendant
<!– end section_header –>
- Company: Marriott
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in South Africa
Job Number 18001IL5
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food and maintain the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town within a pressurized environment in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Recognized appropriate qualification advantageous
- 6 – 12 months experience in a canteen kitchen in a similar position within a 5 star environment
- Competency of all relevant cookery skills
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Preference will be given to South African citizens
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- protect company assets
- Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes and responsible for your area of work
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Proactive, self-motivated Individual with good professional work ethic
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Team orientation
- Ability to manage and work with high volume work load
- Sound understanding of all health & safety regulations
- Ensure the highest standards of hygiene and quality are maintained throughout the kitchen
- Assist where necessary within the kitchen departments.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.